Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A King Size Quilt

Hi. It has a while since my last post. I was a bit busy and I tend to procastinate my blog updating. Now that the quilting frame is at home, I would sometimes return home early to continue with quilting.


My latest big project was this machine appliqued king size quilt that my team and I started some months ago. The owner had been asking about the quilt a few times! The blocks were individually machine appliqued. This process was fun but when it comes to quilting the whole quilt, well, I have to admit it was not as fun. But I somehow managed to do it.


This is the quilt before it was quilted.




The quilt top, the batting and backing are already rolled onto its respective roller and ready to go.




The view from the front.


I spent a few days thinking and planning on how to quilt it. It is better to take it slow. To tell you the truth, to quilt an applique quilt using this quilting frame is not as easy as I thought. I had to do it section by section. It was a real challenge. I think over time it should be much easier. I will consult the supplier on this matter. There could be a better way. By the way, for anyone who is interested in getting this quilting frame can contact me.

And here is the quilt after quilting. It took me almost 2 weeks to completely quilting this piece. I celebrated the day I finished it! I did stippling from edge to edge, but section by section as I have to change threads. Right now, I can only do edge to edge quilting with a few patterns like stippling, curls, small flowers, and circles (Pardon me,i really don't know the right terminologies)








A close up view of the quilt.


Dear quilters, I welcome suggestions and ideas on how to work with this frame. I mean, how do we do border quilting and block quilting. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.



1 comment: